Monday, August 24, 2009

Glamorama 2009

My friend Alison (left) and I.
On Friday night, I was reminded why I love my job...it allows me to do wonderfully trendy and exciting things like attend Macy's 2009 Glamorama, a charity concert+fashion show debuting the top new fashions for Fall 2009 and emceed by the one-and-only Ne-yo. Between confetti raining from the sky and actual rain soaking male models wearing only their speedos, it was difficult to focus on the fashion! Nevertheless, Roberto Cavalli, Marc Jacobs, and Jean Paul Gautier managed to catch my eye with their military jackets, acid wash denim, and fur. For the alternative bride, Gautier's black veil was a runway staple. See photo below. Most important, the evening raised over $400,000 for the Ronald McDonald House.

-Jessica, Chicago Mojuba Contributor

No comments:

Post a Comment